Why do it?
There are many reasons why people choose to host our international students. Not only is it a great way to get an income from your spare room but the friendships you make along the way can be really special.
Whether you are keen to learn more about other cultures, or perhaps you simply enjoy company around the home, hosting can be very rewarding.
If you’re not sure what to expect, we hope our FAQs below will give you a better picture. One of the most important things to remember is that we have students of all ages from many different countries. Some want to stay for just a week or two, while others (adults) may stay for up to 11 months. Our students are as individual as you. We will always try to find you a student / students who fit your lifestyle and expectations of hosting.
How to become a Home Stay Provider:
If you are interested in hosting our students we would be very happy to talk to you further about it. It is normal to have concerns before you do it but we can normally put your mind at ease. If you contact us, you are not committed to anything until you actually agree to host. The process is as follows:
- You contact us either by emailing email@example.com or telephoning the accommodation officer on 01285 642345.
- We will ask you to complete an application form so we know a little more about you.
- We will make an appointment to visit you in your home. We just need to see where the students will sleep and any communal areas they will use such as the living room, kitchen, bathroom.
- We will ask you to complete a number of documents including a fire safety form, submit a DBS certificate for the main host and complete a gas safe declaration if applicable.
- Once we have a student that we think would be right for you, we will contact you with their details. If you agree to hosting them, we will then expect you to commit to the student. We will provide you with their personal details, course information and arrival / departure details.